Looking for an experienced Academic Director.
Our Client is a group of companies comprising of five distinct companies covering ICT; ICT Tuition and learning; EFL and International Studies and EDI.
- Interview and recruit teachers for appropriate departments.
- Work with Academic Coordinator to select student and teacher of the month awards.
- Plan faculty meetings, orientations, trainings and workshops.
- Support and participate in college and community related activities.
- Plan budget, schedule and resources for college and community related activities.
- Coordinate with other Academic Department Managers in sharing faculty and other educational and instructional ideas.
- Develop educational process and policies to meet curriculum goals.
- Provide training to faculty on latest instructional technology and technique.
- Develop/unique and interactive educational programs and courses for students.
- Manage faculty resources, administrative staffs and other college resources.
- Develop and implement faculty development programs.
- Develop and implement academic enhancement programs for students.
- Schedule regular meetings with institution staff and faculty staffs.
- Assist in preparing students’ report cards/transcripts and attendance
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Education or any other management
- related discipline;
- Three to five years of related experience, demonstrating achievement as an academic, covering teaching, research and professional practice in higher education;
- Knowledge of best practices and research methodologies in curriculum, assessment, and teaching;
- Ability to work with diverse curricular subject areas;
- Knowledge of program evaluation;
- Strong public speaking skills;
- The candidate must be proficient in all standard computer applications, including Microsoft office products – extremely proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. General knowledge of office principles and procedures is required;
- Experience of academic leadership within an education-based organisation of comparable size and complexity;
- Effective leadership skills, including the ability to motivate diverse multidisciplinary teams in order to achieve a high level of performance;
- Experience of securing continuous improvements to respond to staff and student requirements to deliver a high level of service.
Salary of 25K gross is being offered to the right candidate.