The prime role of the Academic Head is to provide the company with strong academic leadership. The chosen candidate would be required to lead, manage and develop to ensure the company achieves the highest possible standards of excellence in all its activities.
Our client is one of the top private institutions of higher education offering a wide range of European accredited degree courses.
- Develop and sustain appropriate structures for management, consultation, decision-making and communication with staff and students and partner universities.
- Responsibility for the management, development and quality of the company’s teaching, research and student support services.
- The development and management of academic staff.
- Monitoring and management of academic and service activities including, inter alia, teaching and assessment practices, post-graduate supervision, student support, retention etc.
- To support the development of inter-disciplinary initiatives and programmes
- To facilitate the collection of student feedback and to follow up with implementation on matters arising from that feedback as appropriate.
- Encouraging excellence in teaching, learning, research and professional activities
- Identifying, evaluating, meeting and approving lecturers for all subjects in each semester.
- Evaluating, meeting and approval of potential students suggested by the recruitment team for all programmes.
- Revising, approval, follow-ups and signing of academic staff contracts.
- Setting policies and procedures and follow-up on students’ attendance sheet, updates, auditing and control.
- Answering emails sent by individual students on academic questions, issues and organisational queries.
- Ensure all staff have access to the necessary support to enable them to contribute fully and develop their skills and experience.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for both staff and students, and full compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Ensure all activities are carried out to the highest possible standards and put in place the necessary evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure both compliance and improvement: such procedures will include teaching, research and management of all resources.
- Comply with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures both internal and external.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Including negotiation and influencing
- Ability to manage difficult situations
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to set and communicate clear vision and expectations for departmental and individual performance
- Ability to create a collegiate atmosphere and willingness to take account of diverse views, while accepting responsibility for decisions
- Commitment to excellence in academic endeavour
- Commitment to nurturing talent, recognising contributions and providing opportunities for
- professional development
An attractive remuneration package is being offered to the right candidate.