The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, excellent people and communication skills, knowledge of labor regulations and HR practices, strategic thinking abilities and strong organizational skills. The Director of People should improve HR processes, implement strategies that support business growth, improve morale and employee retention, enhance safety and wellness, strengthen relations between staff and employers, manage job satisfaction, attract the best recruits, and promote the organization’s values.
Our client is a local car dealership.
- Leading the development, implementation and evaluation of human resources strategies, policies and programmes
- Developing and implementing a plan to build and embed the Company vision, mission and values across the organization
- Working closely with senior management to plan talent development and growth for the future
- Developing an affective performance management system ensuring that values are translated into measurable objectives, competencies and behaviors
- Developing comprehensive skill matrices for the entire business in order to address any gaps and to promote a consistent personal development culture with key training ensuring that the business is underpinned with an adequate succession strategy
- Assisting departments in the development of plans for their human capital needs and to manage the identification and recruitment process related to new hires, including contracting and effective induction into the business
- Providing support, coaching and advice to managers and employees on all human resource issues to ensure resolution of employment related matters, including dealing with escalated employee grievances and disputes
- Undertaking effective annual budget. Managing budgets, maximizing resources whilst monitoring expenditure and costs at all times. Being aware of budgets, costs and constraints to promote efficient and cost-effective solutions, ensuring that all aspects of the various projects remain within agreed budgets and identify any variances that might arise
- Preparation and analysis of HR metrics and data
- Producing regular progress updates and reports as required. Participating and presenting updates in quarterly Board Meetings
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant
- Implement new, and enhance existing employee recognition and reward programs
- Implementation of employee engagement and communication initiatives to improve and enhance the perceptions and experience of our employees and enhancing employee NPS
- Ensuring the administrative elements of the HR function are being dispensed effectively
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation. Ensuring adherence to legal requirements and advising management on needed actions to remain compliant
- Preparation for HR audits (internal and external)
- Designing accountability mechanism
- Overall management of all employee relations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management (considered as an asset).
- Three years’ experience in a similar role
- Strategic and long-term thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Good problem-solving skills
- Budget management experience
- Strong people skills
- Knowledge of local employment legislation
- Computer literacy
A salary of 45K-50K gross per annum is being offered to the right candidate.