An excellent position has arisen for a Facility Manager. The right candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations; recruiting and managing staff teams, managing budgets and ensuring that the services provided meet the National Minimum Standards and that they are of the highest quality.
Our client specialises in healthcare services
- Managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources
- Review activity reports and other performance data and determine areas needing cost reduction, increased efficiency and improvement.
- Manage staff, overseeing their work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures conferring with the Managing Director, government officials and staff members as necessary
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Supervises the departmental Managers/ Seniors to ensure they adhere to the company’s policies and standards in achieving its goals
- Anticipates issues, prioritises and plans the team for a proper action plan and ensure that they are completed within set deadlines.
- Monitor the departments to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Provide regular information to the Managing Director on all matters relating to resident admissions, moves, incidents or events together with purchases and equipment requirements.
- Provide regular written reports as required/requested internally or externally.
- Ensure that all of the Care Quality Commission’s requirements of written record keeping and notifications are strictly adhered to.
- Be aware of consumption
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are recorded and the relevant procedure is
- adhered to.
- To report regularly to the Managing Director, advising her of any issues within the home in order that remedial action can be taken promptly.
- Ensure that all required audits are completed in a timely manner and that all relating corrective actions are carried out.
- Ensure competency and safe maintenance of all medical devices within the sphere of responsibility reporting and following up any broken/unsafe equipment or structures to the manager if necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for working with people and providing person-centred care
- The ability to lead and make decisions
- The capacity to work under pressure and to approach work with strong problem- solving skills
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work
- An understanding of the need to keep up-to-date with legislation, relevant to their service
A salary of 35K gross per annum is being offered to the right candidate.
Previous experience in a similar position is required.