A great opportunity to join an established company in Malta. The role entails the supervising of all properties and services including communal areas, preventive maintenance, housekeeping repairs and daily routines of all staff within the team. Other areas of responsibility include all the development’s landscaping areas and transport services.
Our client is a major group incorporating various companies well involved in the construction, hotel and other industries.
- Troubleshoot and repair several different systems within the facility in a timely manner
- Ensure required inspections are in compliance with legislation and technical standards
- Ensure efficient and transparent management of a maintenance stock system including the setting up of a minimum reorder levels to ensure timely delivery of service
- Fully responsible for department’s budget including the setting up maintenance team’s rotas, on calls and materials management leading up to billing stage
- Work with and make technical recommendations to the General Manager on improvements of facility
- Take full responsibility of all the technical equipment and MEP systems within the development including the maintenance thereof
- Work with other Department Heads of facility to constantly improve inner workings of the facility
- Ensure that transport services within the company work in an efficient and timely manner at all times.
- Supervise, coordinate and perform maintenance and repairs to physical structures of buildings and grounds
- Perform preventive maintenance according to the company’s policies
- Directly supervise technical and handyman employees
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws
- Interview, hire and train employees forming part of the maintenance team
- Plan, assign and direct work to employees within the maintenance team
- Carry out yearly performance reviews of the company’s technical employees and reward and discipline as appropriate.
This position calls for a responsible person with excellent leadership and time management skills to be able to handle and co-ordinate the operations needed in a timely and efficient manner. Fluency in the Maltese and English language is a must for this role.
A salary of 35K gross per annum is being offered to the right candidate.
Previous experience in a similar position is required for this role.