The Head of Operations will be primarily responsible for providing execution of strategic business projects and initiatives. Additionally, this role will be required to provide a control framework for day to day business operations and to increase operational effectiveness.
Our client is one of the most tailored high-end lifestyle management and payment service groups in the world.
- Manages a team in the daily activities for the company’s credit card operations, which includes new account application processing, collections, resolution of uncertain transactions, lost/stolen reporting, card blocking and renewal.
- Perform tasks related to specific projects delegated by the General Manager (system changes and or/enhancements, new products designing and implementation)
- Manages card manufacture and personalization process, card delivery, inventory controlling.
- Designs and implements credit card operations policies, procedures and operations manual and recommends changes to increase efficiency
- Ensures that credit card operations adhere to the organization’s financial and business strategies
- Manage and coach Customer Care support staff, Operational staff and recommend hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, training and development.
- Provide direction to staff regarding Card scheme rules and internal policies. Maintain accountability and responsibility for Operations Department results.
- Serve as an escalation point by researching and responding to inquiries and complaints that cannot be resolved at the Operational staff level.
- Complete and ensure timely delivery Quarterly reports to card schemes (Visa,MasterCard)
- Champion and own key audit action items through to successful delivery
- Procure and manage key vendor and supplier relationships to support company activities
- Proven experience in the management of a team
- Background in operations preferably Banking, Credit Card or Payment Services
- Knowledge and experience to design and implement operating procedures and processes for credit card operations function.
- Experience in lean practitioner, six sigma or similar would be a benefit but not mandatory
- Experience in new product implementation as it relates to contact and operations management
- Able to analyse and understand the processes and put it in a document
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer focus and excellent telephone manner
- Good organizational, managerial and project management skills, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work well in teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop staff
- Desire to help others work towards targets and develop their skills
- Confidence and great business sense
- Focused self-motivated approach to work with the ability to set, meet and exceed targets
A salary between 50K to 60K gross per annum is being offered to the right candidate.