This individual will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, senior management and the board of directors to ensure the achievement of the company’s strategic direction and vision.
Critical to the position are strong interpersonal skills and effective communication both verbal and written. The ability of overseeing all daily operations of the Hotel in order to ensure that the guests only get the best customer service, is fundamental.
An established operator within the hospitality industry
- Create an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short- and long-term strategic goals for the property
- Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability and where necessary identify skill gaps and training requirements
- Ensure that the monthly outlooks for Rooms, Food and Beverage, Admin and General, are on target and accurate
- Establish and ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls, SOPs, policies, procedures and service standards
- Establish and maintain applicable preventive maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the property
- Handle corporate clients and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever necessary
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with hotel team members
- Handle complaints and oversee service recovery procedures
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishments as the need may arise
- Maximize room yield and hotel’s revenue through innovative sales practices
- Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints
- Monitor the performance of the Hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual operating budget, marketing & sales plan and capital budget
- Have a Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Hospitality
- Have at least five years’ experience working in a similar position
- The ability to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines is fundamental so too is effective time management of workflow in order to meet deadlines
- The ability to work without Senior Management’s direction, use initiative and possess a positive attitude towards teamwork is critical
- The capacity to train and coach other members of the hotel is an expected element of this post so too is the capacity to develop and format procedures and workflow systems which accurately reflect the property’s day to day operations
An attractive remuneration package.