Responsible for providing leadership and management for members of propriety and contracted staff for the operational running of security, HSE, audit, risk, BCP and incident management functions for the manufacturing, storage and shipping of currency, product authentication and traceability and identity products, in a high risk and challenging environments. Play an active part in the wider Malta team to build a stronger organisation with HSSE and Resilience at its core through effective liaison and leadership with multiple stakeholders.
Our client specializes in providing services within work with governments, central banks and commercial organisations around the globe.
- Ensure that the site complies with established security procedures laid down within ISO 14298, the Group Baseline Security Manual (GBSM) and any further customer related compliance requirements (such as ISO 27001, 22301 etc.).
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies.
- Accountable for delivering operational excellence throughout the department.
- Maintain and develop multiple security, BCP and HSE internal and external accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Incorporate security, BCP and HSE compliance requirements into the daily business operations and ensure subsequent processes are supported and audited.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Plant manager on all security, BCP and HSE related issues
- Manage the investigation process of all security and HSE issues.
- Monitor and maintain the key performance indicators within the department and site and use these to generate improvements.
- Identify and, where appropriate, implement new ways of working (including lean/agile tools), equipment and processes in order to improve performance within the department and site.
- Train and mentor HSSE personnel and line management on security policy, procedures, implementation, best practice and security and safety awareness.
- Undertake supply chain audits of secure item manufacturers, ensuring that contractual security and business continuity arrangements are maintained.
- Carry out all security related activities in accordance with annual objectives and business imperatives.
- Ensure compliance with Group personnel security screening policy, identifying any personnel related risks to the business, risk assessing and managing any associated risks to the business working with third party personnel screening service provider.
- Previous experience in the identification, mitigation and management of risk, incident management, safety and security (degree level or equivalent).
- Educated to Level 6 in Security and Risk Management or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Certified.
- Experienced in Business Continuity Management. Qualified to either ISO 22301 Lead Implementer, or Certificate of the Business Continuity Institute (CBCI), or equivalent.
- ISO Lead Auditor (preferred).
- Green Belt Six Sigma trained (preferred).
- Experience in Shipping/Logistical planning and management capability (Known Consignor or local customs arrangements).
- Computer Literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Enterprise Resource Management (ERM) systems.
- Challenges existing systems and working practices, to identify improvements/savings where appropriate.