The Mechanical Engineer will ensure the preventive and corrective maintenance of the bus fleet is performed using reliable parts, in line with best engineering practices, in utmost safety and in line with company quality standards for increased reliability, availability of fleet, and cost efficiency.
Our client is a well established bus operator, and is committed to delivering exceptionally high-quality service in Malta.
- Give technical support and advice to management and workshop personnel on fleet management related matters in order to sustain a continuous improvement program and quality control.
- Identification of technical and operational solutions to existing problems in the workshop processes and on the fleet
- Prepare technical reports to assist management in taking the required informed decisions
- Prepare improvement proposal reports based on technical analysis
- Assist technical department to plan and execute campaigns, reforms and other improvements as required to reach department targets
- Work closely with workshop manager to finetune the fleet inspection plan to increase mean time between failure (MTBF)
- Receiving training from manufacturers, relay the information to subordinates and lead the training program for workshop personnel
Other responsibilities including but not limited to:
- To be involved in the annual budget and forecast for the workshop and follow the approved costings
- Planning of human and material resources that are required to sustain the workshop operation
- Support engineering department infrastructure whenever technical guidelines and support is required
- Ensure compliance with all policies related to security, data protection, health and safety, quality assurance and environment protection
- Give support when required to the various departments in the company in relation with the content of his/her duties
- Any action related to the job mission that may be delegated by management
- Mechanical engineering skills
- Teamwork promotion
- Good organization skills and adaptability
- Good diagnostics, problem detection and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of preventive maintenance planning
- Analysis of complex mechanical / electrical incidents and definition of the next steps for its resolution
- Leadership and Management skills
- General analytical skills
- Cost effectiveness approach
- Able to provide guidance to colleagues on technical matters
- Warranted Mechanical Engineer with at least five years’ experience
- Minimum of two years in a managerial position
- Preference will be given to candidates having experience in Maintenance and repair of industrial machinery or prefer heavy vehicles
An attractive remuneration package.