A Nursing Manager is required to join an established company in Malta. The Nurse Manager will be reporting to the Director. Duties of this position include but are not limited to managing the nursing team, liaising with doctors and other health care professionals, maintaining the necessary health care quality standards as well as the organisation’s values, establishing nursing operational procedures and processes, providing the necessary feedback to senior management.
Our client specializes in healthcare services.
- Leading the staff team and ensuring that the highest standards of resident care and personal nursing practice are achieved
- Taking a personal interest in all residents of the home, seeing them regularly in order to deliver person centered care
- Ensuring that residents and families or representatives are involved in the care planning process.
- Keeping all residents files up to date and in order
- Monitoring and assisting in the development and implementation of the activities programme
- Ensuring that all residents have a clear and appropriate care plan covering care needs
- Supervising the service provision of food and drink to service users
- Handling complaints appropriately in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Ensuring confidentiality in respect of service users’ situations
- Working closely with the Facility Manager to develop and review policies for all aspects of nursing practice
- Maintaining duty rosters, ensuring efficient and effective use of manpower
- Assisting with the maintenance of staff discipline
- License to practice nursing in the state of requested employment
- At least 1 year of experience in direct patient care in a clinical setting
- Minimum of 1 year administrative, coordinator, or management experience
- 2 or more years experience in hospice or home health
- CPR Certification will be consider as an asset
- Ability to apply knowledge of the special needs of elderly patient and their families
- Knowledge of roles of all disciplines providing care services and general nursing practice
- Excellent patient assessment skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Good oral and written communication skills in Maltese and English
- Tact in dealing with patients and their families
- Responsible functioning in the work place, maturity, cooperation, flexibility
An attractive remuneration package is being offered to the right candidate.
A minimum of 1 year experience as a nursing officer or matron or nursing manager is required.