An opportunity for an Operations Manager who will be responsible for the day to day hotel operation.
Our client is a major group incorporating various companies well involved in the construction, hotel and other industries.
- To assist the General Manager in the monitoring of the day to day overall operation and to take corrective action when and where necessary.
- To ensure that the quality and service standards are effectively implemented and regularly revised.
- To ensure highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities.
- Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of local community.
- Ensures that the meetings (daily briefings, department head meetings, departmental meetings) policy is adhered to and when necessary conducts such meetings.
- Monitors the distribution of manpower (rosters) as well as the application of overtime and suggests or implements any necessary changes.
- Participates and co-ordinates in the preparation of the annual budgets and capital requirements and ensures their implementation.
- Ensures that all units perform within the established cost levels.
- Coaches Department Heads where weak, to ensure they produce 100% efficiency in each of their department.
- To serve as a point of reference at all times.
- To monitor rosters and approve weekly, and monitor vacation leave.
- Ensures that the hotel quality standards are properly communicated, implemented and practiced and also updated when necessary.
- Participates with the General Manager in analyzing, evaluating and writing of attractive concepts and standard operating procedure for all hotel departments.
- Assist in monitoring present and future trends, practices and systems in the hotel industry and determines and ensures execution of competitive programmes as directed.
- Participates in conducting weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive programmes and future planning.
- Ensures that the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene is achieved and maintained.
- Ensures that the staff are continuously aware, and trained towards a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Endeavours to keep the operation ahead of competition by proposing or directly implementing new ideas, concepts etc…and encouraging the team to follow.
- Participates and co-ordinates the preparation of the business plan and monitors its progress.
- Plans, executes and participates in special projects / assignments as requested by the General Manager.
- Represents the hotel as and when requested by the General Manager.
- Carries out show rounds as required.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communication to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations
- In the absence of the General Manager, assumes responsibilities as appropriate. Keeps the General Manager informed of any unforeseen events, which may occur in his/her absence.
- Assists in selling the hotel through personal involvement with all potential markets as required.
- Ensures emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Monitors applicable laws and regulations, including Health and Safety, and ensures compliance.
- To take corrective measures and report accordingly matters regarding grooming and behaviour of staff as well as other management team members.
- Reviews energy consumption programme to ensure minimum energy and utility consumption without sacrificing human comfort.
- Ensures that environmentally friendly practices are implemented.
- Familiarise yourself with the Health and Safety regulations and ensure the hotel promotes and comply with them.
- Take responsibility to rectify hazardous situations, reporting major areas of concern to the General Manager..
- Familiarise yourself with the property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and actively enforce these in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure security incidents in operational area are reviewed and corrective measures are implemented to prevent recurring incidents.
- To perform tasks as directed by the General Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Ensures that the establishment is well maintained and any maintenance work is carried out with the least inconvenience to guests. Also, to ensure that the décor and ambience of the establishment is at its maximum at all times.
- Experience in food and beverage sector or hotel industry
- Experience as an operation manager
- Fluent English
- Ability to work under pressure
An attractive remuneration package