The Procurement, Distribution and Logistics Executive will control the movements of incoming as well as outgoing stock through the monitoring of stock levels, record these movements and ensuring the maintaining of adequate stock levels of the company’s suite of products at all times. To place the required orders with company suppliers and take overall responsibility of the whole cycle from placing of order, delivery to dispatch.
Our client is an importer and distributor of pharmaceutical and medical supply products including various beauty and health care products.
- In coordination with relative Brand Coordinators ensures that stock levels of different product lines are adequate at all times and carries out a stock replenishment process as required.
- Ensures Procurement Request forms are received duly filled and properly authorised by the responsible coordinator and/or manager.
- Processes all Purchase Orders by the end of each business day and ensures these are sent to the respective suppliers as soon as they are completed. Alerts responsible brand coordinator if any outstanding purchases have not been processed.
- Monitors and controls all pending orders to ensure all deliveries will not be overdue
- Carries out periodical stock reconciliations.
- Together with the storekeeper carries out a yearly stock taking exercise
- Plots out daily stock delivery schedules ensuring the shortest order – delivery time to customers
- Structure and initiate a same day delivery service for clients requiring such service
- Create contingency plans to ensure that delivery schedules are systematically executed irrespective of any mishaps or bottlenecks which might arise during the store to dispatch process
- Together with the Finance and Administration Manager seek to expand its logistics network through warehousing storage and 4PL commercial models
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Full working knowledge of accepted stores procedures and office automation tools
- Familiarity with stocks handling through an accounting package
- Familiarity with MS applications especially Excel
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service and quality management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to physically handle goods
- Well organised and self-disciplined
- Sense of commitment to the organisation’s success using a team building spirit
- Ability to achieve deadlines to high quality standards and adaptability to changing procedures
An attractive remuneration package.