We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to identify strategic sourcing options for the procurement goods, services and projects. Procurement Manager Responsibilities include strategic planning to find cost-effective deals and suppliers, provide advice and propose ongoing improvements for the procurement of services. The successful candidate will be expected to secure the company’s interests in its commercial dealings with both existing and prospective major suppliers.
The Company aims to offer reliable services to its customers, whilst committing themselves to the ongoing development of highly skilled staff to maintain an effective level of service to its customers.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the preparation, issuance and adjudication of major tenders.
- Drafts and negotiates purchasing contracts and provides guidance to internal stakeholders involved as appropriate.
- Implements mechanisms to facilitate the tendering procedure, the selection of suppliers and products, and to monitor and enhance relationships with suppliers.
- Ensures that all work assigned is delivered to scope, on time, within budget, effectively and efficiently, at the required standards of quality.
- Proactively provides input to the improvement of the company’s business strategies and operational tactics.
- Directly supervises the staff of the Procurement Department and will receive direct supervision from the Chief Commercial Officer or his designated representative.
- Tertiary level qualification ideally in business management, IT, procurement management, engineering or Legal Studies.
- Qualification in Contract Management/ or Procurement Management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in contracts with suppliers and / or customers.
- Extremely good knowledge of contract and supplier management.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities and excellent diplomacy ability.