The Supply Planner will be responsible for the development and execution of the supply plan for the US market. The person will be responsible for translating the sales forecast into a supply plan for providing requirements to internal and third-party manufacturing sites, working closely with sites to ensure on-time delivery of finished goods, bulk, and API according to requirements, managing daily inventory requirements through direct coordination with other functional groups. Relevant Serialization processes must be managed to ensure compliance with the FDA Drug Supply Chain Security Act. The Supply Planner will ensure best practices are leveraged in Supply and Inventory Management processes.
Our client is a leading international pharmaceutical company.
- Develop supply plan based on sales forecast and other planning parameters.
- Translate supply plan into executable purchase orders and stock transfer orders with internal and third-party manufactures.
- Work with internal and third party manufactures on a routine basis to deliver requested finished goods, bulk, and API inventory according to scheduled timeline and quantity requirements.
- Participate in the development of the supply planning strategy and implement relevant elements.
- Optimize inventory/supply holdings to limit excess and obsolete inventory while ensuring satisfaction of customer orders.
- Balance inventory requirements to minimize the potential for back-orders.
- Support the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning Process (SIOP) through relevant metric reporting and summary of key supply/capacity constraints.
- Participate in new product introduction and product transfer teams and ensure supply plans are developed, communicated and executed in support of the project timelines. In conjunction with the Global Operations and Global Supply Chain teams, ensure policies and procedures are in place and documented which meet compliance requirements
- Follow relevant GDP & GMP required related to both distribution and importation activities.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain concepts and best practices
- Strong process and systems knowledge
- Experience in the areas of Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Materials Management, Inventory Management and Sales / Operations Planning
- Experience with GMP, FDA and other regulatory requirements
- A bachelor degree in Business Administration, or equivalent certification
- Any other qualification, such as APICS would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of SAP
- At least three years’ experience within a similar role.
- Good command of English
- Good spoken and written communication skills