The Technical Manager shall be leading the technical team, managing and implementing improvement plans and increasing operational effectiveness.
Our client is a private organisation established in 1964 with the purpose of manufacturing corrugated board and corrugated cardboard cartons.
- Leading the Technical Department and managing the Technical team
- Managing the team on best technical practices and establishing standard policies and procedures
- Leading the site Maintenance function and providing maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities
- Planning scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work carried out
- Managing and implementing improvement plans
- Driving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Increasing the site operational effectiveness and improving project delivery
- Ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered tox
- Recommending changes in working practices and processes.
- Extensive plant level experience together with significant proven management experience
- Technical capability and understanding
- Experience of managing Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibilities for maintenance
- Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and lean manufacturing
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement / supply chain
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, and decision making
- A Manufacturing / Engineering Degree
- A BTec Professional Level 5 Award
- An NVQ Level 5 qualification or equivalent.
An attractive remuneration package is being offered to the right candidate.