Has it ever occurred to you to question which skills would suit you best?
There are many soft and technical skills that companies consider fundamental to choose the perfect candidate. While looking for a job, it is very important to keep in mind when you are writing your resume is to recognise your set skills and competencies.
If you search what type of skills are required by various companies online, you will find a lot of words that you might feel are suitable for you but in actual fact, they are not.
Let’s have a look at the proper meaning of the most important soft skills that are usually required:
- MANAGE YOURSELF
- Result oriented: set goals and constantly improve yourself
- Adaptability: be flexible and know how to handle different situations
- Self-restraint: control feelings especially when the situation is negative
- Optimism: know how to see in a failure an opportunity to grown
- Conscientiousness: be responsible on the job and committed to delivery
- SOCIAL AWARENESS
- Empathy: understand other people’s feelings, especially when you have not shared their experience
- Organisational awareness: know how to see strengths within the organisation
- Service-orientated: be available to assist others and help them when they need you
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Conflict management: understand the different points of view during a discussion and to find common ground to resolve conflict
- Help develop others: help and mentor colleagues to develop their skills
- Influential: having an impact on someone, be persuasive and provide support
- Inspiring leadership: know how to guide others and bring out the positive skills of others
- Team ethics: be collaborative, respectful and encourage others to work hard
- Change management: know when it is the right moment to change even if there are some obstacles
- ANALYTICAL THINKING
- Systematic management: an approach to management that focuses on the management process rather than on the final outcome.