This is your time to shine. When seeking a new career, the job interview is the process through which you, as a potential employee are evaluated by an employer for prospective employment in their organisation.
Important Steps before and during a job interview
- Before attending an interview it helps to update yourself about the company you are meeting with.
- Never arrive for an interview looking sloppy but avoid over grooming.
- Be concise, avoid vague answers and an over elaborate commentary.
- Every interviewee should refer to key accomplishments identified in their CV when answering questions.
- When the interviewer asks, “What is your biggest weakness?” Give an honest reply but end with a positive note.
- Be yourself! You’ll score more points if you don’t fear the risk of moving ahead or learning something new.
- One important factor in an interview is to maintain eye contact with the interviewer/s without staring.
- Use the nod signal enough to show the interviewer/s that you understand or agree with what is being said.
- Never mention salary during the first interview. Wait till the second and don’t be first to bring up the topic.
- Keep up-to-date on local news. You’ll learn things about companies with whom you might have an interview.
- Employers view a candidate’s two-three year stay in one position as having a positive attitude and as broadening their skills.