This position calls for a methodical and motivated Accounts Executive eager to join the Accounting Department of a local construction and civil engineering industry.
Our established client deals with the local construction industry and civil engineering projects.
Directly reporting to the group Financial Controller, the main responsibilities are the following:
- Monitoring of bank accounts and posting of bank transactions;
- Updating bank balances on a regular basis;
- Monthly bank reconciliations;
- Processing of supplier payments;
- Updating of credit card transactions;
- Processing of online/credit card payments;
- Inter-company transfers;
- Reconciliation of inter-company balances on a monthly basis;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts within established time frames;
- Preparation of monthly reporting or other analysis on an ad-hoc basis;
- Posting of accruals;
- Other nominal ledger postings;
- Issuing invoices to clients;
- Preparation of vat returns;
- Assisting in the annual statutory audit;
- NSO and similar questionnaires;
- Other duties normally performed in an accounts department.
- Recently obtained an accountancy qualification (ACCA or University degree). Candidates in their final stages of an ACCA qualification (or University degree) and having a minimum of three years of experience in a similar position will also be considered.
- Experience in the processing of payroll will be considered as an asset.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, will be considered as an asset.
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English and preferably Maltese.
- Able to work both individually and within a team with minimal supervision.
A generous offer between 20K and 25k will be given to the selected candidate