Our well established client is seeking to employ a Company Secretary/ Inhouse Legal Counsel, responsible for the efficient administration of the group’s companies, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and that decisions of the board of directors are implemented. Reporting to the CEO this position calls for a motivated, detailed-oriented individual with strong project management and communication skills. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow in a thriving business and collaborate with a dedicated team of professionals having diverse areas of specialisation. This position is on a part time basis.
Our client is a group of companies offering a range of different services in a very dynamic and competitive B2B and B2C environments.
- Responsible for the efficient administration of the group companies, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented;
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing of contracts, terms and conditions and other legal documentation on behalf of the group companies;
- Carrying out changes required to the corporate governance and capital structure of internal companies;
- Preparation for Board Meetings and shareholders’ meetings, co-ordinating the preparation and circulation of agendas, preparation of board documents and drafting of board minutes pursuant to the meetings;
- Attending Board Meetings in representation of the Company Secretary;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders for comments prior to external circulation of minutes;
- Ensuring that Board Meeting action points are implemented and monitored;
- Liaising with relevant authorities;
- Pursing any overdue accounts with the local court system;
- Undertaking statutory filings in line with jurisdictional requirements and to arrange payment of relevant fees within statutory timeframes;
- Ensuring relevant resolutions are passed to comply with statutory requirements and that other statutory requirements are complied with;
- Creating corporate statutory records;
- Coordinate the preparation and upkeep of company registers;
- Oversee the Group’s IP and Professional Indemnity cover;
- Renewing or drafting of memorandums and articles of association; minutes and resolutions as well as ad hoc duties that may be required from time to time.
- A Doctor of Laws (L.L.D) or similar relevant qualification with a genuine interest in the financial sector;
- Candidates with experience in fulfilling a similar role in the financial services industry will be given preference;
- Self-driven, highly organised, efficient, and able to manage own workload independently;
- Able to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects whilst ensuring that actions are carried out within stipulated time frames;
- A keen eye for detail and an impeccable fluency in written and spoken English;
- Strong communication skills, able to engage positively and productively with clients, colleagues and service providers alike;
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft applications.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)