Our well-established client is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer & MLRO. The chosen candidate will be focused on Malta related compliance and AML related tasks in what is a rapidly developing business. The chosen candidate will be reporting to the Head of Compliance, who is based abroad.
Our client is a leading provider of corporate and fund services.
- Performing the Compliance Manager & MLRO role across the various licenses held by the company in Malta including corporate services, fund services, etc
- Ensuring that client due diligence is collected to the appropriate standard in order to comply with the regulatory and legal requirements in Malta.
- Undertaking compliance monitoring in accordance with the compliance monitoring plan to ensure that the company remains compliant with all applicable regulatory and AML/CFT requirements.
- Preparing and submitting all of the relevant regulatory reporting to the MFSA AND FIAU as required.
- Monitoring the MFSA and FIAU website for the release of revised standards and guidance.
- Updating compliance and AML Manuals and ensuring that they remain compliant with local regulatory requirements.
- Assisting with the preparation and updating of internal policies and procedures continuing to ensure compliance with local regulatory standards.
- Providing support and training to the staff related to compliance and AML matters.
- Candidates must hold a strong working knowledge of the Maltese regulatory and AML framework
- 5 to 7 years financial services experience, preferably in a Compliance team environment is required
- The chosen candidate must have acted in a the capacity as Compliance Officer and MLRO or Deputy MLRO of a Malta regulated entity.
- Candidates must hold experience in managing a team of people.
- Candidate must hold qualifications related to Compliance
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.