Reporting to the Corporate Governance & Regulatory Affairs Senior Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for assisting the Company Secretary and supporting the Corporate Governance & Regulatory Affairs Senior Manager with a broad range of corporate governance activities, with focus on day-to-day support on Board matters. The selected candidate will also be responsible for keeping the team organised in terms of record keeping of minutes and Board packs.
Our client is an established financial organisation offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- Taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms and annual returns with regulators;
- Assisting the Corporate Governance & Regulatory Affairs Senior Manager and the Group Chairman to drive the Agenda of the Board and its Committees, whilst ensuring adequate flow of information across the different Board Committees;
- Keeping adequate record of minutes and supporting documentation as presented during Board and Committee meetings in an organised manner, and working closely with the Regulatory Affairs team to assist with regulatory requests and sharing of information on Board matters;
- Following up on matters arising from Board and Board Committee meetings;
- Ensuring that the Board is properly advised on legal matters, in addition to ensuring that all aspects of Board and AGM activities are completed in compliance with the Bank’s policies;
- Ensuring good information flows within the Board and its committees, senior management and non-executive directors;
- Ensuring compliance with listing requirements and regulatory filings are completed in a timely manner;
- Arranging required filings with the Malta Business Registry;
- Maintaining statutory books, including registers of directors and members on executive committees;
- Supporting the Corporate Governance & Regulatory Affairs Senior Manager by giving input for public disclosures on the Corporate Governance of the Group;
- Supporting the team with the implementation of robust and sound corporate governance across the Group.
- Bachelor of Laws, LLB or LLD with Masters, or proven track record in working or understanding company law and listing rules;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, knowledge of French and/or Dutch will be considered an asset;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position, including experience with minute taking and/or business writing;
- Experience of working in a European or UK regulated financial institution and/or with the regulator, and knowledge of local and EU financial services regulation will be considered an asset.
Evelina Pileckaite +356-2123-2224/5, 2557 2224