Our well-established client is seeking to recruit for a Head of Compliance and Risk Management. The chosen candidate will act as the Company Secretary of all Group Companies and will also be responsible for the Group’s compliance and risk management.
Our client is an established local group of companies.
- Be responsible for the Group’s compliance with Companies Act, GDPR, and AML and corporate governance
- Act as Company Secretary to all Group companies, with responsibility for all Board, Board Committees and Executive Management Committees
- Be responsible for Terms of Reference of all Board and Executive Management Committees and alignment thereto
- Be responsible for the Corporate Governance setup, including documentation and its regular review
- Be responsible for the Group’s AML Policy and procedures, ensuring compliance with AML regulations
- Act as the Group’s DPO and is responsible for the Group’s Data Policy and procedures
- Draft and implement risk management policies and procedures
- Carry out regular assessments of compliance with AML, Data and risk management policies
- Monitor adherence of risk controls against established risk register and advise management in case of weaknesses
- Communicate and explain policies related to the above functions to all Group employees
- Provide routine legal advice in relation to day-to-day business
- Keep abreast with relevant legislation and regulations
- A degree in law or a business-related field;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a compliance and / or corporate governance role;
- Proficient working knowledge of related legislation and regulations
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Maltese.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)