Our client is seeking to recruit an Intelligence Analyst to join the team. The selected candidate should be well versed in the laws that govern prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation in the area.
Our client is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and sharing of information for compliance purposes.
- Conducting research on typologies, methodologies and guidance issued by FIUs in foreign jurisdictions and by international standard setting bodies in order to ensure that that the company is constantly aware of international developments and trends before they are actually spotted in transactions taking place in or through Malta
- Gathering information in order to identify at an early stage any money laundering or financing of terrorism vulnerabilities that may be present in Malta
- Contribute towards the assessment of electronic tools and software for the analysis of financial data
- Providing Junior Intelligence Analysts with enough guidance, support, leadership, and direction necessary to ensure that they are able to reach their targets
- Collating information for onward transmission to foreign FIUs in the case of bi-lateral requests for information Contributing towards the collection and maintenance of comprehensive statistical data required to be maintained in terms of the PMLFTR and to analyse data collected on a periodical basis
- Representing the company at local and international meetings;
- Investigating other financial intelligence gathered by the company and to assess whether such analysis leads to suspicions of financing of terrorism activities and report thereon
- Participating in internal committees as may be required.
- Applicants must be in possession of a University degree or an equivalent qualification in Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Criminology, Economics, Law, Statistics or in any other subject, provided that the applicant has proven experience in an area, which is relevant to this position.
- The selected candidate should be well versed in the laws that govern prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation in the area.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant EU Directives and related local legislation that govern financial and ancillary services would also be required, together with a good level of familiarity with the operations of the financial services sector.
- Preference will be given to applicants with sound knowledge and experience in the fields of accounts, law enforcement and compliance.
- applicants should possess good written and verbal communications skills both in the Maltese and English Language,
- proficient in the use of office automation tools
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.