Our client is seeking to recruit a Junior Legal Associate. This role assists the Head of Legal of the business’s legal matters.
Our client is an established corporate services company.
- Assisting Clients with queries in relation to corporate matters
- Handling and assisting in the formation, dissolution and restructuring of legal structures
- Drafting and reviewing corporate governance documents
- Drafting and review contracts in accordance with the needs of clients
- Conducting legal research in accordance with the needs of the clients
- Liaising with authorities, as well as, other professional services firms to support clients in their operations
- Assisting with the documentation of commercial transactions, including, and particularly, transactions relating to the sale and acquisition of vessels and aircraft
- Advising on and administer crew and employment matters
- Providing support to the Legal Department as may be necessary
- Other related duties as may from time to time be reasonably required
- To keep informed of developments in local legislation and regulations vis-à-vis compliance, including but not limited to the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (incl. subsidiary legislation) and the implementing Procedure
- To comply with all local regulatory and AML/CFT requirements
- To keep inform of and comply with policies and procedures
- To comply with all Group policies relevant to the role and provide the mandatory Group Annual Assurance
- To report suspicious transactions to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- To perform mandatory Group training that may be required from time to time
- Candidates must a hold a Law Degree.
- Be capable of working independently, as well as in a team
- High attention to detail
- Highly motivated and able to meet deadlines
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)