The Junior Legal Counsel will be responsible for all legal matters including litigation, negotiations and all other legal matters as required by the Chief Legal & Enforcement Officer.Our client is seeking to recruit a Junior Legal Counsel, who will report to the Chief Legal and Enforcement Officer.
Our client is an established set up within the gaming industry.
- To support the Chief in providing legal advice to Chairperson, Board of Governors, Chief Executive Officer
- To draft or review legal documents and conduct negotiations
- To take a proactive role in ensuring that the company meets its obligations in terms of all applicable legislation, and corporate governance requirements;
- To demonstrate a good understanding of Maltese and European legislation and provide the Chief with the required support regarding the interpretation of the assigned legal documents;
- To conduct and plan legal research on multi-disciplined aspects of law;
- To provide miscellaneous legal advice on various contractual and governmental obligations as directed or requested by senior management or other members of management;
- To represent the company in any court cases as required and to assist the police force in criminal cases which are gaming related;
- To tender advice with respect to the company’s processes in the light of better regulation policies;
- To represent the company in international fora including conferences, exposition centres as well as EU gaming related meetings;
- To keep abreast with all international and local developments
- Candidates must be in possession of a law degree and a valid warrant to practice as an Advocate in the Courts of Malta and Gozo;
- Having previously worked or trained in other legal roles;
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Gaming in Malta shall be considered an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Thinks and acts strategically;
- Takes ownership, actions and manage to meet deadlines.
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.