Our well established client is going through a period of growth and is currently seeking to recruit a Legal and Compliance Executive to join the team. The chosen candidate will assist in the ongoing monitoring and coordination of regulatory and AML compliance activities for its clients who hold a licence issued by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA), in line with MFSA and FIAU Rules and Regulations. The ideal candidate would be self-driven and able to manage his/her own work load whilst eager to learn and develop in this field. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow in a thriving business and collaborate with a dedicated team of professionals having diverse areas of specialisation.
Our client is a group of companies offering a range of different services in a very dynamic and competitive B2B and B2C environments.
- Assisting in the day-to-day planning and management of the clients’ compliance activities and obligations imposed by the MFSA and the FIAU, in line with legislation and regulations
- Keeping abreast of all relevant laws and regulations and their development including all regulatory and AML compliance matters and discussing such with the internal Compliance Team and other members of the management team, as may be required
- Monitoring and coordinating external regulatory and AML compliance activities and remaining in control of the status of all compliance activities and identify trends;
- Potentially being seconded to the clients to fulfil official roles such as Compliance Officer and MLRO roles
- Assisting in regular regulatory compliance and MLRO reports
- Assisting with the review and oversight or maintenance of all necessary registers including but not limited to Personal Data, Complaints, SAR/STRs, PEPs, Rejected Business, Closed Business, Training, Beneficial Ownership etc
- Assisting in on-boarding procedures and ongoing reviews for Clients
- Assisting in developing, initiating, maintaining, revising, upholding and monitoring policies and procedures in accordance with the MFSA’s rules and regulations, AML-CFT, CSP and Sanctions
- Assisting with the management and development of compliance systems
- Develop and deliver training to members of staff on the use of systems, procedures and internal processes;
- Supporting in internal legal & compliance matters
- A legal degree coupled with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Certifications in Financial Services Compliance, Risk Management, AML or related fields;
- Having already been PQ-ed by the MFSA and holding a Maltese legal warrant of practice would be preferable but not essential;
- Proven knowledge and familiarity with the MFSA’s compliance rules and regulations in relation to generic issues such as AML/CFT as well as specific areas related to Corporate Services Providers, Trusts and Trustees, Gaming (MGA) or the financial services sector (MFSA) and the FIAU;
- Able to apply critical and inquisitive thinking in relation to clients and their activities, hailing from a broad range of jurisdictions and industries;
- Organised, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)