As our client goes through another phase of growth, they are seeking to recruit a Legal and Compliance Executive to assist more senior lawyers specialised in Gaming and Financial Services. The chosen candidate will be involved in the ongoing monitoring and coordination of regulatory and AML compliance activities for the company’s clients who hold a license issued by the MGA or the MFSA.
This is a mid-level position, requiring someone driven, able to manage their own work load whilst ready to learn and get involved in different projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow in a thriving business and collaborate with a dedicated team of professionals having diverse areas of specialisation.
Our client is a group of companies offering a range of different services in a very dynamic and competitive B2B and B2C environments.
- Drafting and reviewing of contracts and agreements;
- Assisting more senior Lawyers in their areas of specialisation, including Corporate, Gaming and Financial Services;
- Assisting in the day-to-day planning and management of the clients’ compliance activities and obligations imposed by the MGA, MFSA and the FIAU, in line with legislation and regulations;
- Keeping abreast of all relevant laws and regulations and their development including all regulatory and AML compliance matters and discussing such with the internal Compliance Team and other members of the management teams may be required;
- Monitoring and coordinating external regulatory and AML compliance activities and remaining in control of the status of all compliance activities and identify trends;
- Assisting in regular regulatory compliance and MLRO reports;
- Assisting with the review and oversight or maintenance of all necessary registers including but not limited to Personal Data, Complaints, SAR/STRs, PEPs, Rejected Business, Closed Business, Training, Beneficial Ownership etc;
- Assisting in on-boarding procedures and ongoing reviews for its Clients;
- Assisting in developing, initiating, maintaining, revising, upholding and monitoring policies and procedures in accordance with the MFSA’s rules and regulations, AML-CFT, CSP and Sanctions
- Assisting with the management and development of compliance systems;
- Develop and deliver training to members of staff on the use of systems, procedures and internal processes;
- Supporting in internal legal & compliance matters.
- A legal degree coupled with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience in assisting gaming clients in their reporting and compliance obligations;
- Certifications in Financial Services Compliance, Risk Management, AML or related fields;
- Holding a Maltese legal warrant of practice would be preferable but not essential;
- Proven knowledge and familiarity with the MFSA’s compliance rules and regulations in relation to generic issues such as AML/CFT as well as specific areas related to Corporate Services Providers, Trusts and Trustees, Gaming (MGA) or the financial services sector (MFSA) and the FIAU;
- An understanding of GDPR and MIFID regulations would be considered an asset;
- Able to apply critical and inquisitive thinking in relation to clients and their activities, hailing from a broad range of jurisdictions and industries;
- Organised, self-driven and able to work with minimal superversion;
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)