Our well-established client within the financial services sector is seeking to recruit an MLRO.
The MLRO will be responsible for ensuring the business achieves and maintains compliance with all current and future MFSA requirements in all areas of responsibility. The MLRO will also act as compliance support and counsel for Senior Management.
The appointed MLRO must be an MFSA approved person.The MLRO must have the necessary knowledge to meet the authority’s regulatory requirements, as well as understand how to apply them.
An international bank based in Malta providing a range of services within retail and commercial.
- Ensure that the business complies with the requirements of all applicable anti-money laundering legislation and internal standards
- Report any suspicious activity for escalation
- Monitor pre-set levels and parameters related to financial transactions, manage alerts and cases from systems and tools and identify behaviours that deviate from the norm and escalate suspicions as required investigate and analyse suspicious activity reporting from the business and make recommendations on what action is required
- Ensure that the MFSA related training and competency standards are met and maintained for all staff members; and be point of contact with Regulators.
- Act with integrity in carrying out their controlled function.
- Act with due skill, care and diligence in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct in carrying out tasks.
- Deal with all regulators in an open and co-operative way and must disclose appropriately any information of which the regulator would reasonably expect notice
- Expected to take reasonable steps to ensure that the business is organised in such a way so that it can be controlled effectively.
- Ensure that the business complies with the relevant requirements and standards of the regulatory system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in financial services, accountancy, law, criminology or compliance is required
- Qualifications in Prevention of Money Laundering and Combatting Terrorist Financing or related subjects coupled with a sound knowledge of EU AML Directives and related international standards are also required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a specialist in Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Combatting Terrorist Financing (CFT)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills, business acumen
- An ability to develop effective working relationships with different stakeholders;
- An independent oversight and an in-depth strategic thinking skills
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)