Our client is seeking to recruit a Risk Officer to join their team, in order to support them in implementing an organization-wide Risk Management framework and process as well as provide analysis of operational and regulatory risks across departments.
Our client is an established set up within the gaming industry.
- Analyse and assess risks across the Functions within the Authority;
- Analyse jurisdictional trends and internal trends to determine risk mitigating strategies
- Assist in the development of risk management tools including Key Risk Indicators and enhancing the risk scoring tool to determine the overall risk the company is exposed to
- Draft reports and analyses of risk management nature;
- Draft risk management policies and procedures;
- Conduct regularly risk assessments and develop and maintain an effective risk response plan;
- Monitor and report the risk performance;
- Research the various risk factors that might affect the gaming industry and in turn the Maltese jurisdiction
- Keep abreast with the industry’s legislation and regulatory framework;
- Advise internally stakeholders on risk mitigation techniques;
- Liaise with regulatory authorities to consult and co-ordinate accordingly on risk related matters;
- Provide regular activity updates to the Risk Manager and the CRO and carry out presentations on risk related matters to senior management;
- Represent the company in various conferences and fora as may be required;
- Carry out any other duties/tasks as directed by the Risk Manager and/or the CRO.
- Candidates must be in possession of a first degree in a relevant field;
- Any postgraduate degrees in risk management considered an asset
- A minimum of two years working experience in a risk related area.
- Certification from an internationally recognised Institute/Organisation will be considered an asset;
- Possession of relevant experience in the gaming industry and familiarity with the gaming regulatory framework shall be considered an asset;
- Sound understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used to manage risk within an organization;
- Be able to establish an effective risk communication plan and a risk recording and reporting process;
- Possess a critical thought, excellent analytical and numerical skills and an eye for detail;
- Ability to understand broader business issues;
- Excellent command of English;
- Excellent ability to produce numerical and written reports for a varied audience
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Ability to organise and present findings and recommendations in a constructive manner (both verbal and written)
- High competency required in Microsoft Office Suite;
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)