Our client is seeking to recruit a Senior Legal Officer to join their team. You will be a member of a team which is responsible for the legal, regulatory and company secretarial duties. This team deals with the engagement of new clients, due diligence processes and setting up of new structures in Malta.
Our client is a leading provider of corporate and fund services.
- Drafting and review of contracts and other legal documentation;
- Assisting clients with any changes required to the corporate governance and capital structure;
- On-going servicing of collective investment schemes and other regulated investment entities by providing the clients with suitable solutions in response to their queries;
- The set-up of and/or take-over of both regulated and unregulated entities involvement from proposal stage to set-up or take over, including assisting with the on-boarding process of new clients;
- Carrying out changes required to the corporate governance and capital structure of the various client companies;
- Renewing and updating Memorandum and Articles of Association, offering documents as and when required;
- preparation for Board Meetings and shareholders’ meetings, circulation of agendas, preparation of board documents and drafting of board minutes pursuant to the meetings;
- Attending Board Meetings in representation of the Company Secretary;
- Drafting of resolutions and supplemental documentation;
- The preparation and upkeep of the client company registers.
- Candidates must be in possession of a Law Degree
- Candidates must hold three years’ experience in the financial services industry.
- Strong organisational, planning and client relationship skills
- strong command of the English language
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)