To assist and support with the maintenance and repair of the fleet in accordance with company policies to ensure a safe and high-quality standard of the fleet through the implementation of consistent processes.
Our client is a well established bus operator, and is committed to delivering exceptionally high-quality service in Malta.
- Support the Engineering Management to ensure compliance with contract, legal and operational requirements
- Ensure safety and quality are maintained at all times
- Adhere to and ensure that company polices are transposed into procedures and work-instructions and that these are consistently complied
- Support with the development and follow up fleet maintenance plans and campaigns
- Conduct performance reviews to ensure that the team has the required skills and competencies to perform, and provide training when necessary
- Liaise and maintain a close rapport with manufacturers
- Collaborate with the stores team and operations to ensure coordination and communication is maintained
- Assist the Engineering Manager with the analysis of fleet performance and any abnormal fleet behaviour
- Monitor and report technical needs
- Monitor and identify failures and/or irregular consumption of parts
- Ensure adequate use of Maximo
- Ensure correct recording of all resources including daily approvals of work orders
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to ensure compliance with budget, financial targets and other KPIs
- Any other related task and ad hoc projects assigned by the Engineering management
- Teamwork, organization at work
- Problem diagnostics and detection
- Preventive maintenance advanced knowledge
- Analysis of complex mechanical / electrical incidents and definition of the next steps for its resolution
- Be able to detect and make a diagnose of faults
- Adaptability and ability to manage complex environments
- Management and leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- Vocational training (automotive), or 3 years’ experience as supervisor in a (similar size) workshop
- Maintenance and repair of industrial vehicles
- Computer basic knowledge
- 2 years working experience in a similar role.
An attractive remuneration package is being offered to the right candidate.