A great opportunity for a Project Manager, who will form part of a well established company in Malta. The selected candidate shall manage the construction project’s life-cycle and will be responsible for the administration and management of the main construction contract/s along the project’s life-cycle that includes the structural alterations, facade works, M&E, and main elements to the finishes.
Our client is a recently established company based in Malta, specifically set-up to carry out project and construction management services.
- Manage the implementation of a project procurement strategy for the construction and fit out works in line with Client’s objectives
- Ensuring implementation of effective safety culture throughout the project’s life-cycle
- Manage adjoining owners and neighbors to ensure the prevalence of effective relationships
- Managing progress of the project through to a successful completion
- Overseeing of Contractors’ progress and production management on and off site
- Implementing the agreed construction strategy
- Delivering a quality and sustainable project by ensuring that the works contractor/s implement and manage the agreed QA/QC plan and procedures
- Formalization of the general requirements and its compliance by the contractors
- Ensure that all aspects of site access, logistics and security are fully addressed
- Manage and monitor inspection services performed during construction at the site
- Schedule and chair progress meetings as required during the schedule of project
- Management of Execution Plan
- Produce project progress reports as required
- Assist in construct-ability reviews and studies during such development, and furnish results as required
- Initiate appropriate corrective and recovery action when any Trade Contractor’s work is deficient in progress
- Identifying, planning, mitigating and preparation of risk response for the project
- Performing risk and value management and cost control
- Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems
- Assist in allocating work to contractors and verifying their schedule of values
- Taking part in negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded
- Valuing completed work and assist in arranging payments
- Developing knowledge relevant to contract conditions and their applications
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field will be an advantage.
An attractive salary package from €40,000K -€50,000K Gross is being offered depending on experience.
An average of 40 hrs weekly (distributed over a Mon to Fri). With respect to the hours, a degree of flexibility is to be expected depending on the weekly schedule and exigencies of the project.