This position calls for a mature and responsible individual who will be under the general guidance and supervision of the Financial Controller, and will be responsible for collecting pending payments, chasing debtors and to ensure timely payment.
Our client is an established local group, operating within a range of different sectors in Malta
- Responsible for collection cash allocation from all debtors.
- Maintains accurate and up to date customer details and account records.
- Works with minimum supervision on collection of overdue accounts.
- Has regular customer contact by phone and email.
- Uses initiative and imagination to achieve targeted results, while promoting customer goodwill.
- Makes adjustments, handles queries and resolves problems within company guidelines and policy.
- Works under direction of and reports to a financial controller.
- Anticipates developments, and identifies accounts that will require special attention.
- Handles disputed accounts and negotiates to bring payment into line with terms in conjunction with Financial Controller.
- Ensures the credit department interacts well with customers and departmental colleagues
- Minimum of A’level in Accounting
- Previous experience working in a Credit Controller position
- Accuracy and ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Knowledge of MS Office applications including Excel
- Knowledge of Opera would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Maltese
- For more info relating to client details and remuneration package, email [email protected]
- All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence