We are seeking to recruit an Accountant to work in an international environment. Our clients place great importance on modern employment conditions, and work in a pleasant atmosphere, providing continuous training as well as internal development opportunities for their employees.
Our client is an international company that offers fiduciary and accounting services, company administration, private client services, financing and fund solutions.
The Accountant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Involves all aspect of basic bookkeeping and preparation of financial statements for both clients and group companies. You must have experience of inputting transactions and preparing accounts up to Trial Balance and Management Accounts stage as well as preparing the financial statements, including the notes, which are sent to the auditors (in line with IFRS and GAPSME).
- Preparing and posting journals for monthly management accounts, including accruals and prepayments and performing cash flows.
- Liaising with auditors in respect of year-end accounts.
- Preparing VAT and Tax Returns.
- Knowledge of CRS Reporting and FATCA would be considered an asset.
- Experience or knowledge of Central Bank of Malta reporting for financial vehicle corporations will be considered an asset, as well as experience in funds and NAV calculations (though training in this area shall be provided).
- The reporting line will be to the Managing Director and the person will be expected to work closely with the finance manager overseas.
The chosen candidate will be:
- ACCA qualified or near completion ACCA or equivalent and minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Highly organised, excellent attention to detail, pro-active and the ability to work unsupervised are considered essential.
- You are able to adapt to different tasks as required.
- In order to cope with the tasks in an international environment, you should possess excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal. Any other language would also be advantageous.
- A good knowledge of the common MS Office products including Office Outlook is desirable.
- In addition, you should have the ability to work independently and precisely, be motivated and enjoy working in a small team.
- The ideal candidate would also be confident, polite and of a smart appearance.
A generous offer with benefits will be offered to the right candidate.