The Accountant role will be reporting to the Head of Finance and working within the finance team in Malta. Chosen candidate will be responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts & Group Reporting.
Our client is an established pharmaceutical company in Malta.
Further responsibilities include:
- Monitoring of expenditure against budget ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place;
- Liaising of VAT and Tax related matters ensuring legal compliance is adhered to;
- Assists in producing month-end account analyses and perform bank reconciliations
- Prepares monthly financial results of company activity.
- Assists in the audit of Company accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of the departmental budgets.
- Oversee and manage the administration and invoicing/payment function.
- A tertiary level of education with a Degree in Accountancy;
- A minimum of 3 years work experience, preferably within manufacturing;
- Good knowledge of the Maltese taxation legislation and VAT;
- Be able to understand and interpret production costings variances;
- Proficient in Word and Excel; experience with SAP is an advantage;
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate, depending on the work experience and qualifications.