This position provides an excellent personal development opportunity as well as career prospects for the job holder. The successful candidate will form part of the Firm’s Accounting team and will report to the Accounting Partner/Senior Manager and Accounting Supervisors. You can expect to learn, get involved, be empowered and feel first-hand the valid contribution you are making to the clients’ operations. You will be provided with support in your journey to achieve your professional qualification.
One of the island’s leading multi-disciplinary audit, accounting, tax, corporate services and business advisory firms. With a strong reputation for providing personal services and quality advice, the Firm operates as a one-stop shop with a niche focus on specialist knowledge in the gaming, insurance and financial services sector. The Firm believes in customised solutions, addressing each of the client’s challenges with a dedicated team of experts combining local market knowledge and global technical advice.
You will be working on a range of tasks, which will include:
- Processing day to day accounting transactions;
- Carrying out bank reconciliations;
- Preparation of reports in carrying out reconciliations, where applicable;
- Assisting in both month-end and year-end processes;
- Assisting Accounting Seniors in carrying out ad hoc tasks;
- Preparation of VAT returns;
- Actively manage the client relationship;
With experience gained at the company, your role will in time develop to the preparation of the audit file, management accounts, financial statements and tax computations.
- Team player and self-motivated;
- Possess multi-tasking and analytical skills as well as an eye for detail;
- Able to deliver tasks effectively in a timely manner and according to deadlines set;
- Possess excellent inter- and intrapersonal skills;
- Computer literate and have a good working knowledge of MS Excel;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Currently studying ACCA with ideally five passes and have a minimum of two years’ work experience in an Accounting role.
An attractive offer will be offered depending on experience and qualifications.