The suitable candidate will perform all data processing tasks relative to the Group Subsidiaries.These functions include posting to the General Ledgers, income and expenditure records, purchases ledgers as well as other accounting entries. The candidate will be reporting to the Accountant and Group Finance & Data Processing Manager.
This is a major group of companies, active in various areas.
- Post general ledgers, including posting of Journal entries;
- Post income and expenditure records by Department / Cost Centre;
- Post and allocate purchase ledger (Creditors) payments;
- Post any other accounting entries which may be assigned from time to time;
- Post the monthly bank and cash vouchers into the respective general ledger accounts taking into consideration the proper coding of VAT and Cost Centre allocation;
- Ensure that all transactions are properly accounted for. Any discrepancies or deviations from accounting policies and procedures are to be brought to the attention of the Group Finance & Data Processing Manager;
- File all invoice, vouchers, statements, posting documents, etc.;
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and draw up reports as necessary;
- Make recommendations to ensure completeness of data input – input forms may be amended as necessary;
- Make recommendations to reduce processing times and increase efficiency;
- Make recommendations regarding validation of data input to ensure integrity of data;
- Ensure that data entry is fully compliant with the requisites of the job;
- Consult with Group Finance & Data Processing Manager and Accounts personnel to improve efficiency and quality of service;
- Ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout;
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Have a qualification at A level standard or equivalent in Accounts;
- Excellent communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially MS Excel;
- Be familiar with accounting software;
- Be organised, methodical and have an eye for detail;
- Be an effective team player.
- Experience in Navision or SAP will be considered an asset.
An excellent package will be given to the right candidate depending on experience.