A unique opportunity for the right candidate who is willing to learn and grow their knowledge! The chosen candidate will be responsible for assisting the finance team in performing general accounting functions, maintaining accounting records and other related administrative and HR duties.
Our client is an established importer and distributor of health care and beauty products.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Updating accounting records, including journal entries and posting of supplier invoices;
- Assisting in the preparation of various balance sheet reconciliations, including bank, cash and creditors;
- Maintaining the Creditors Ledger, including payments to foreign and local suppliers on a timely basis and reconciliation of suppliers statements;
- Supervision of cash reconciliations and handling deposits of funds received;
- Maintaining an orderly financial filing system;
- Carrying out other ad-hoc office duties as may be requested by the management;
- The ideal candidate should be a team player, and have knowledge of basic accounting functions. We also value those who are ready to learn and adapt with a fast-paced work environment;
- Previous experience and knowledge of Shireburn Financial System will be considered an asset;
- Be personally responsible, highly organised, punctual, able to multi task and work well under pressure;
- Be proficient in computer related applications;
- Applicants must have O level’s standard education in accounting;
- Experience in a similar role will be consider an asset.
An attractive package will be offered to the right candidate.