Reporting to the Manager of the Client Accounting team, the Accounts Executive will be entrusted with a portfolio of clients to manage and build a lasting relationship with. The successful candidate will also be given the opportunity to assist in tax related matters, including tax returns and tax refunds.
Our client is a group of companies offering a range of different services in a very dynamic and competitive B2B and B2C environments.
- Completing the management accounts of his/her portfolio of clients;
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns for this portfolio of clients;
- Ensure that all the tasks within the assigned portfolio of clients are completed in accordance with statutory requirements;
- Liaising with Auditors, Tax and VAT Departments and MFSA, necessary and as directed by the Head of Department;
- Liaising with internal departments to obtain information and supporting documentation to allow for the timely preparation of financial statements and statutory returns;
- Involvement in client meetings in relation to own portfolio.
- Partly qualified Accountant, in possession of a relevant degree in Accountancy or in process of finalising the ACCA qualification;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an accounting role, preferably in client accounting;
- Experience in working on licensed entities and other financial services related companies would be considered an asset;
- A 5-star customer service attitude, ready to work with different clients and surpass their expectations;
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written;
- A proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and internal departments ensuring lines of communication remain open;
- Ability to work as part of a team, assisting others where necessary to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Competent in the use of standard office tools including Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Office and other;
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision;
- Ability to prioritise between different clients and deadlines according to urgency and ability to multi-task.
An attractive offer will be given to the right candidate.