The Accounts Clerk will report directly to the Operations Manager and/or Financial Director, performing a range of day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping support functions to the company.
Our client offers hospitality services.
- Updating and maintaining accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions;
- Posting of accounts receivable and payable transactions;
- Preparing cheque payments to suppliers;
- Monitoring and forecasting of food and beverage revenues;
- Maintaining and procurement for direct and indirect food and beverage par stock levels in line with cost of sales and price value standards and parameters set;
- Creation of a fixed asset register system to record furniture and fixtures and operating equipment inventories;
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, statements and records;
- Maintaining a systematic process for identifying overdue debtors;
- Monitoring required results of all respective technology systems installed;
- Compiling data and preparing a variety of reports;
- Maintaining a record of staff working hours and leave allocations;
- Performs any other duties assigned to him/her from time-to-time.
- A minimum of 2 years accounting experience in the catering sector or similar;
- An Advanced Level standard of education in Accounting;
- Ability to be organised and methodical in all work performed;
- Ability to perform large amounts of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy;
- Ability to work within a team, with a positive team attitude and team building skills;
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, suppliers and other key stakeholders;
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical or legal terminology;
- Fluency in English. Fluency in the Maltese language is considered an asset;
- Advanced proficiency with Shireburn accounting software is ideal;
- Proficiency with spreadsheet applications including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office suite.
An attractive remuneration package depending on previous experience will be offered.