Reporting to the Manager of the Client Accounting team, the Accounts Officer will be entrusted with a portfolio of clients to manage and build a lasting relationship with. The successful candidate will also be given the opportunity to assist in tax related matters, including tax returns and tax refunds.
Our client is a group of companies offering a range of different services in a very dynamic and competitive B2B and B2C environments.
- Completing the management accounts of his/her portfolio of clients;
- Preparation and submission of Vat Returns for this portfolio of clients;
- Ensure that all the tasks within the assigned portfolio of clients are completed in accordance with statutory requirements;
- Liaising with Auditors, Tax and VAT Departments and MFSA, necessary and as directed by the Head of Department;
- Liaising with internal departments to obtain information and supporting documentation to allow for the timely preparation of financial statements and statutory returns;
- Involvement in client meetings in relation to own portfolio.
- Part-qualifications in Accounting or in process of obtaining the ACCA qualification;
- Previous experience in an accounting role, preferably client accounting;
- Experience in working on accounts of various companies;
- A 5-star customer service attitude, ready to work with different clients and surpass their expectations;
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written;
- A proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and internal departments ensuring lines of communication remain open;
- Ability to work as part of a team, assisting others where necessary to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Competent in the use of standard office tools including Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Office and other;
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision;
- Ability to prioritise between different clients and deadlines according to urgency and ability to multi-task.
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate, depending on experience and qualifications.