We are seeking to recruit a candidate who will be Assisting the Financial Controller in the financial accounting of a number of companies falling under the responsibility of the Accounts Department at Head Office.
Our client is a major group incorporating various companies well involved in the construction, hotel and other industries.
- Be actively involved in the preparation of the monthly management accounts. To ensure that all accounting entries are posted on time in line with the applicable accounting standards;
- Ensures that notes and proper workings of all provisions are updated on a monthly basis;
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns and other statutory forms;
- Monitoring and planning cash resources;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and other financial forecasts, and reports as requested;
- Assist in the preparation of audit files for external auditors;
- Assisting the Financial Controller in the smooth running of the Accounts Department by properly allocating tasks to subordinates;
- Assisting both internal and external auditors in their queries to ensure deadlines are met;
- Ensure that all internal control procedures are adhered to at all times;
- Improving on the existing financial and reporting systems;
- Actively participate in the implementation of new systems and procedures, give advice and contribution to relevant parties;
- Encourage teamwork to enhance efficiency through improved performance;
- Manage any specific financial projects entrusted by the Financial Controller as required from time to time.
- In possession of a university degree in Accountancy or have attained the ACCA qualification;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate, depending on the work experience and qualifications.