The Central Bank Account Registry (CBAR) Manager will be directly reporting to the Director and/or Deputy Director.
The candidate will be responsible for the overall operations of the Section, improve the Section’s efficiency and take decisions unilaterally when asked to do so.
Our client is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and sharing of information for compliance purposes.
- Manage the collection of data from various sources in an effective manner;
- Manage user access and maintain the security policies & procedures required;
- Responsible for the onboarding process of the reporting entities, supervise and enforce the data reporting obligations imposed by the company;
- Manage the Help Desk & coordinate with suppliers;
- Retrieve, analyze, transform and report data through business intelligence tools;
- Drafting of documentation related to policies & procedures;
- Liaise, coordinate and cooperate with various Competent Authorities including Government agencies;
- Liaise, coordinate and cooperate with Credit & Financial Institutions;
- Assist in the compilation of questionnaires and assist in other tasks related to evaluations, assessments and researches being undertaken by various local and international bodies;
- Provide training on the CBAR System both internally & externally as required;
- Assess electronic tools and software for the analysis of data;
- Collect and maintain comprehensive statistical data required to be maintained in terms of PMLFTR and analyse the data collected on a periodical basis;
- To plan the operations and goals of the team in a way that these meet the section’s priorities, targets and deliverables;
- To coordinate available resources and officers in a way to maximize the section’s efficiency;
- To ensure that the officers in the team are adequately trained for the purposes of carrying out their duties;
- To provide officers with enough guidance, support, leadership and direction necessary to ensure that they are able to reach their targets;
- To monitor, follow up and review the work of officers within the section to identify areas which need improvement and to ensure that the quality of the officers’ work is satisfactory;
- To carry out performance appraisals and one-to-one meetings as may be required from time to time;
- To represent the company at international meetings and workshops;
- To evaluate, review and assess the team’s operations and report on such matters when asked to do so;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director and/or Deputy Director.
- University degree at a National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better preferably in Statistics, Economics, Financial Services, Auditing or Management. Preference may be given to applicants in possession of a degree in Mathematics & Statistics or Computing Science & Statistics;
- Candidates in possession of a University degree in any other subject will also be eligible for this post, provided that they have proven experience in an area that is relevant to this position;
- Qualifications in data analysis & statistics are considered as an asset;
- Expertise and experience in service management is considered as an asset;
- Proven working experience of a minimum of five years in a similar team and system;
- Sound knowledge of the relevant EU Directives and related domestic legislation that govern financial and ancillary services together with a high level of familiarity with the operations of the financial services sector;
- Outstanding leadership, organisational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills and a proven track record of technical competence, efficiency, leadership, ethical responsibility, and diligence;
- Fluency in both Maltese and English languages;
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate together with other benefits.
The employment will be on an indefinite contract with the first year being a probationary period.