A young financial institution is seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer who will be responsible for the general management of the bank, including all operations and policies and to lead the senior management of the bank.
Our client is an established international company within the financial services industry.
- Developing the overall goals and strategy of the Bank
- Implementing industry standards to ensure that the organisation operates within the legal framework and directives issued by the MFSA
- Engage in the kind of business and assume the level of risk as directed by the board
- Overseeing the risk strategy of the bank in accordance to the Board of Directors’ policies, spearheading the loan acquisition and loan portfolio management and also the bank’s financing.
- Internal and external communications
- Marketing of financial products
- Developing optimum relationships with clients, shareholders and Board of Directors
- Academically qualified in a Finance related area and proven management skills in a Banking institution
- Extensive experience in the banking sector with a strong understanding of operations, operational controls and regulatory requirements, particularly Anti-Money Laundering rules
- Well-developed expertise in corporate credit, which can be put to the benefit of the Bank
- Risk management skills – particularly referring to operational risk – honed at a premier banking institution
- Ability to motivate and lead the Bank’s senior management team towards achieving results
- Confidence to take decisions, particularly of day to day nature
- Foresight to formulate and propose strategic ideas to the Board of Directors
- Capability to plan ahead with accuracy and organizational skills
- Exposure to virtual currency related business
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the selected candidate.