We are looking for a fully qualified Accountant to be responsible for the day to day administration and management of the Finance Department.
Our client is a provider of outbound travel services that is active in a number of countries.
- Propose and set down standard policies and procedures to govern the Finance Department and all other company departments in financial areas;
- Supervise and monitor the work of all Finance Department personnel and ensure that they follow established rules and procedures in accordance with sound accounting policies;
- Prepares within the prescribed time frames, monthly financial and operating statements to allow the review of the company’s financial performance;
- Assist in the preparation of the yearly budget;
- Prepare cash flow and any other reports which may be required by the Senior Management or Board of Directors from time to time;
- Work with other company departments and facilitate the preparation and interpretation of financial information and checks that the data prepared is compliant with financial requirements and controls;
- Liaise with the appointed external auditors to ensure a prompt and accurate preparation and execution of the statutory audit of the company’s finances;
- Prepare and file all appropriate fiscal forms, VAT returns and any other financial reports related to government agencies and constituted bodies;
- Support the accounts staff;
- Ensure the timely monitoring of debtors, credit control and effective communication of reports to the Senior Management and /or Board of Directors as required;
- Carry out any other duties as required.
- Good working knowledge of English, with excellent communication skills (written, and verbal);
- Computer literate especially with use of MS Excel spreadsheets;
- Fully qualified Accountant;
- A minimum of two years previous accounting experience locally is a requirement for the position;
- Able to demonstrate aptitude with numbers, attention to detail and able to produce highly accurate work;
- Experience in a finance related environment.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the selected candidate depending on experience.