A Finance Officer position is available within the banking sector in Malta. Chosen candidate will be responsible for working closely with the bank’s financial controller, whilst assisting in the administration of the finance function.
The bank offers a wide range of services to corporate clients.
Further responsibilities include:
- Maintain general ledger including the preparation and inputting of journal entries on a daily basis.
- Reconcile bank accounts and statements.
- Record purchase orders for accruals and checks their approvals
- Check invoices and distribute them for authorisation according to the Bank’s policies,
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT returns.
- Ensure that the petty cash is maintained appropriately.
- Review expense refunds and visa expenses in line with policies.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the financial controller.
- Degree in accounting or in the final stages of ACCA
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position
- Previous experience within the banking sector would be desirable but not required
- Ability to effectively manage tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel
- Fluent Maltese and English
For more info regarding the job or the bank, email me on [email protected] or WhatsApp (+356) 9905 8967
All profiles will be treated in strict confidence and we will never recommend your CV to any of our clients without your prior consent.