Reporting directly to the head of the Accounting Department, this role will include responsibility for the overseeing and managing a small team of junior accountants. The successful candidate must have experience in producing and reviewing financial statements prepared on behalf of the clients. The role would suit a professional individual with some years of experience.
An global company providing a wide range of bespoke professional services to both clients as well as individuals.
- Taking ownership of the day to day accounting, administration and financial reporting of a portfolio of clients;
- Preparing and reviewing management accounts;
- Preparing and reviewing trusts and companies annual financial statements and liaising with the auditors where applicable;
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns;
- Assisting with transactions, including set ups and liquidations;
- Providing supervision of the work delegated to junior accountants;
- Coaching and training junior team members;
- Liaison with other offices within the Group;
- Available to assist in other duties as and when requested.
- In possession of a University degree in Accounting or the ACCA / ACA qualification or in the final stages of obtaining such qualification;
- Experience gained ideally through a similar role;
- Good communication, organisational and problem solving skills;
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements under GAPSME, IFRS and FRS 102;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision;
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate junior staff;
- Ability to mentor and train staff.
An attractive remuneration package is being offered to the selected candidate depending on experience and qualifications.