The position is mainly focused on duties relating to Investment Advisory and client relationship management within the Private Banking Department.
Our client is an established bank specialising in highly personalised banking and innovative investment solutions backed by experience, competence and robust support services.
- Prepare formal investment recommendations for customers and able to explain the rationale behind the suggested investment recommendation;
- Enhancement/growth and retention of existing clients/accounts in order to maximise private Banking services offered by the Bank including, the taking of deposits, card services, foreign exchange, brokerage, and advisory services;
- Assist in developing prospect relationships, and to enhance/grow/retain those new relationships;
- Assist in on-boarding of clients, collecting documentation, processing client documentation and applications relating to products and services contracted, maintaining records, and archiving the same;
- Client research through various media and with various counter parties or information outlets;
- Assist and prepare news items for publication from time to time; performance reviews of clients’ accounts;
- Perform monitoring exercises and maintenance of appropriate monitoring standards of clients’ accounts and portfolios;
- To liaise across departments and regulatory functions within the Bank with a view to assisting in the proper and timely prosecution of business flows and transactions including but not exclusively the Trade and Settlement desks and the Payments department;
- To assist in the redaction and maintenance of processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking and Finance or a relevant qualification;
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position;
- Good IT knowledge;
- Good working knowledge of MiFID2;
- Approval from MFSA to provide Investment Advise will be considered an asset;
- Capable of managing clients’ requirements accurately and efficiently;
- Hands on with can do attitude;
- Analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail;
- Practical understanding of workflow analysis and planning;
- Proactive, focused and able to plan and consistently meet deadlines;
- Strong command of English, both oral and written;
- Be able to work in a team and willing to learn new skills.
Salary depends on individual’s experience, knowledge and qualifications. Benefits are offered.