The candidate will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records and assisting with the preparation of Trust and Company financial statements and management accounts.
A global company providing a wide range of bespoke professional services to both clients as well as individuals.
Maintaining the general ledger and preparing management accounts, including:
- Posting of cash and journals in the nominal ledgers;
- Preparing loan interest calculations and reconciling bank and loan accounts;
- Reconciliation of bank and other ledger balances;
- Calculation and accrual of company expenses;
- Assist with the compilation of management accounts.
Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements:
- Assist with the transfer of the trial balance information into the financial statements template;
- Preparation of trust and company accounts in accordance with applicable legislation as delegated by the Team Leader;
- Prepare the associated working papers and evidencing balances to the financial statements;
- Assisting with auditors’ queries;
- Undertake the annual review process of entities for which accounts have been prepared.
- Liaison with other departments within the Group;
- Available to assist in other duties as and when requested.
- Studying AAT qualification or holding ‘A’ Levels with accounting subjects and some bookkeeping/accounting experience;
Special Skills Required:
- Good communication, organisational and problem solving skills;
- Solid understanding of the preparation of financial statements;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Innovative team player with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to work to deadlines with moderate supervision.
An attractive salary is on offer for the right candidate, depending on the work experience and qualifications.