We are looking for an Accountant to be mainly focused in Finance & Reporting Officer related duties within the Finance Department.
Our client is an established bank specialising in highly personalised banking and innovative investment solutions backed by experience, competence and robust support services.
- Reconciliation of accounts;
- Maintain, control and follow up all unreconciled items identified through reconciliations;
- Review and elimination of daily long and short currency positions;
- Review and follow up overdrawn accounts;
- Creation and timely submission of all statutory returns such as Weekly Deposit Return, IRR, BR06, LCR, NSFR, COREP, FINREP, EMIR, MIFID etc. This also includes any correspondence with the authorities which may include any revisions necessary;
- Attend workshops, seminars and meetings related to the introduction of new regulator and reporting obligations directly impacting your department;
- Payment of Withholding Tax and Value Added Tax Payment to the necessary authority;
- Generation of the monthly payroll;
- Reconciliation of all Administrative Expense General Ledgers and also various;
- Create any necessary reports require by the Management and Board of Directors when requested;
- Maintaining and controlling Asset Accounting and making sure accurate reconciliation with respective General Ledgers;
- Ensuring that fees and licence fees are paid correctly and on time to the MFSA, DCS, ICS and any other authority;
- Provide support to the Senior Finance Officer during the end of procedures which includes accruals, booking of asset depreciation/amortisation etc.;
- Provide support the Senior Finance Officer with any ad-hoc work which may fall within the Finance Department’s responsibility;
- Hold an Accountancy Degree or be in the process of obtaining it;
- Excellent Microsoft Office abilities especially Excel;
- Experience in bank regulatory reporting would be considered an asset;
- Be fluent in English and Maltese;
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate, depending on the work experience and qualifications.